Miguel Canales, MD: a Pioneer of PRP Therapy for Hair Loss
Miguel Canales, MD founded the Silicon Valley Hair Institute to bring advanced treatments for hair transplantation and hair loss to patients. Dr. Canales is an internationally recognized specialist on robotic hair transplantation and an expert in the diagnosis and management of hair loss. Dr. Canales is an expert in all types of hair restoration therapy, including PRP therapy for hair loss right here in the Bay Area. He works out of the Foster City and Palo Alto locations.
As the former Medical Director of Restoration Robotics, Inc. (the manufacturer of the hair transplantation robotic system), he pioneered the clinical development of the ARTAS Robotic Procedure. He led a team of Principal Investigators to achieve FDA Clearance and led the commercialization of the ARTAS® Robotic System throughout the world. Dr. Canales has trained dermatologist, plastic surgeons and hair restoration surgeons on the ARTAS Robotic System throughout the USA, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Dr. Canales is named on over 11 critical patents that are the basis for robotic hair transplantation.
If you’re interested in exploring PRP therapy here in the Bay Area, reach out to Dr. Canales for a FREE consultation. With offices in both Foster City and Palo Alto, he’s convenient for patients from San Mateo to Redwood City, Menlo Park to San Francisco and beyond.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- Stanford University Hospital, Surgery Residency
- Harvard Medical School, Medical Doctor, M.D.
- Stanford University, B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Women’s Hair Loss and Hair Dermoscopy Training/Education with Antonella Tosti, MD (Bologna, Italy, 2013)
- Scalp Micropigmentation Training and Certification (Milano, Italy)
- Microneedling/epidermal infusion of medication for hair loss training (Brazil)
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons